• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nuisance neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdog1019

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My township has no real ordinances, or more specificly a noise ordinance. My neighbor has both a large stereo system in his vehicles, and a grudge/feud with my households members. Im looking for any way that i can get some form of cease and desist to occur with him and said stereo.

Things that have been caused by his stereo system:
Migranes/headaches, My mother has low tone hearing damage and it hurts her ears, it hurts my dogs ears, It has cracked our bathroom ceiling plaster, and it has been done at any hour he wishes, be it all day or early morning (again we have no noise ordinance) i can provide my township name upon request

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My township has no real ordinances, or more specificly a noise ordinance. My neighbor has both a large stereo system in his vehicles, and a grudge/feud with my households members. Im looking for any way that i can get some form of cease and desist to occur with him and said stereo.

Things that have been caused by his stereo system:
Migranes/headaches, My mother has low tone hearing damage and it hurts her ears, it hurts my dogs ears, It has cracked our bathroom ceiling plaster, and it has been done at any hour he wishes, be it all day or early morning (again we have no noise ordinance) i can provide my township name upon request
If a city or township in Michigan does not have its own noise ordinance that addresses vehicle noises, they rely on state law which limits noises.

The Michigan Vehicle Code, MCL 257.707c, Noise limitations and prohibitions: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(kr5axldoyiqbcwuej1axdvca))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-257-707c

Here, from noisefree.org, is a list of "Michigan Noise Related Statutes, Regulations, Policies:"
https://www.noisefree.org/stateord/michigan.pdf

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">