• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obnoxious neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazygoatlady01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
We own an acre of land with a home on it in the middle of a several acre almond orchard.
My son owns a quad that he likes to ride around the house. We have asked permission from the farmer that owns the 50 acres of almonds that surround our home. He has given permission. We have a neighbor that has almonds across the road, he is threatening legal action if we do not stop riding the quad. He said the dust that is created is damaging to his almonds. We cause no more dust on the road than the trucks that use that road. The neighbor that has the orchard that surrounds our house does not have a problem with us riding. The neighbor that is threatening us has been sued for chasing other kids down on their quads and I feel he's doing this in retaliation for being sued. We stay on our or the neighbor property. Do we have any recourse?

FarmerJ

If your nieghbor who has complaints calls the sherrifs dept and there is a valid complaint or one that the sherriffs dept feels is worth at least dropping by and speaking to you about then they will.
Until then If it were me I would simply ignore them! In the time being do your self a favor and learn what your city/county ords are IF any that regulate use quads away from private land.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">