• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

philh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. What are my rights when it comes to other people parking in our parking spaces? Background: I own a house that has two parking spaces behind it and I have it posted no parking and no trespassing however at times I'm come home and people are park in them. I have called the police on occasions and the situation still happens. As a homeowner what are my rights and what can I do to stop this from happening. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Kiawah

Are the parking spots on property you own, or on public property that is adjacent to your property?

I don't know about your state, but in Oregon if somebody "abandons" a vehicle on your property, you have to leave a 72 hour notice on the vehicle before you can have it towed.

Otherwise, something I'm looking into for my business, you can contract a towing company and put up official signs that say "no parking, violators will be towed at owners expense", and simply call the tow company any time somebody is in your way. They'll get the message real quick. ;)

Also, if the sign says no tresspassing, and they are, then the police should be arresting the driver or otherwise formally telling them never to come back.

NC Aggie

Well it would depend on whether these parking spaces are on your property or not. If they are in fact on your property, then you could probably have the cars towed if you have signs posted (dependent on the laws of your state/jurisdicition).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">