• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking in our lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

login1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

:mad:

First of all: think small college town.

A group of fellow students and I recently rented property next to a popular italian restauraunt, whose employees were using our parking lot to, well, park their cars. We asked them to stop, and they said they had a 'special arrangment with the landlord, but would stop if we wished them too.' I thanked them, asked them to please not park their any longer. They did not stop. We talked to the landlord, who didn't know what they were talking about, that's why the no tresspassing signs and tresspassers will be towed signs were placed.

To tow, the landlord must be present, and since she is often not available to come over, some of my roomates have started 'parking in' the restauraunt's employees and custoemrs when there is nowhere else to park. is this legal for us to do? Is there something else we can do besides have their cars towed, for which the landlord would not need to be present? Who's being the bad neighbor here?

Another interesting development is that, since we started doing this, things started missing from our property, a bike, a trashcan.. things like that. We have no proof that its' them, and I'm reluctant to believe that they would be so petty, but the timing is rather interesting...

They do make good spaghetti, but their pizza is rather lacking.

BelizeBreeze

login1 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

:mad:

First of all: think small college town.

A group of fellow students and I recently rented property next to a popular italian restauraunt, whose employees were using our parking lot to, well, park their cars. We asked them to stop, and they said they had a 'special arrangment with the landlord, but would stop if we wished them too.' I thanked them, asked them to please not park their any longer. They did not stop. We talked to the landlord, who didn't know what they were talking about, that's why the no tresspassing signs and tresspassers will be towed signs were placed.

To tow, the landlord must be present, and since she is often not available to come over, some of my roomates have started 'parking in' the restauraunt's employees and custoemrs when there is nowhere else to park. is this legal for us to do? Is there something else we can do besides have their cars towed, for which the landlord would not need to be present? Who's being the bad neighbor here?
you and your roommates are the idiots for playing the childish games. You can be immediately towed and should be.
login1 said:
Another interesting development is that, since we started doing this, things started missing from our property, a bike, a trashcan.. things like that. We have no proof that its' them, and I'm reluctant to believe that they would be so petty, but the timing is rather interesting...
Then why did you mention it?
login1 said:
They do make good spaghetti, but their pizza is rather lacking.
And the relevence of this is?

If your landlord must be present to have the cars towed then she has to be present. Period. Otherwise, find out if a power of attorney for you or one of the roommates would allow you to have the offending cars parked or if other arrangments such as a gate with a lock would work.

And STOP breaking the law to prove a juvenille point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">