• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking on shared driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

derwood95

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

This is my second posting to this forum. I appreciate all of the answers that I received in reference to my easment rights--very helpful and insightful.

New Question:

Every month, Chem Lawn services my neighbor's lawn. When they come, they park in the shared driveway. We have easement rights--ingress and egress--to the driveway. There have been times when I wanted to leave my home and couldn't because they were there. We never know when they are coming or for how long they will be in the driveway. She has 7 acres of land, and she doesn't ask them to park on the grass or on the part of the driveway that is not shared. By the way, only 1 acre is chemically treated.

We have never said anything to her before because we were trying to be "neighborly." She, however, has been so unfriendly and nit-picky.

Is it within our rights to ask her to tell Chem Lawn not to block the shared driveway when they are here? I know it sounds petty, but can we be nit-picky, too? Just wondering. Thanks.

justalayman

Is it within our rights to ask her to tell Chem Lawn not to block the shared driveway when they are here?
yes

I know it sounds petty, but can we be nit-picky, too?
and yes, that is nit picky. I wouldn't expect the request to be followed. The driver, even if it is the same guy every time, just isn't going to care and the neighbor will say "I told them"

so, then where are you?

picking nits and not getting anywhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">