• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pipe stem lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnationss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

there are 2 pipe stem lots behind me. I have lived here for 22 years and now have a serious problem with the new neighbor speeding on the pipestem causing stress and alarm every day as to the safety of children and pets and myself with this speeding. I have asked politely and contacted HOA which will do nothing. I had to write a letter which a front lot neighbor also signed. the pipe stem lot owner told me, quite frankly, it was his driveway (pipestem) and he could do whatever he wanted on it and proceeded to speed up and down pipe stem with is 3 year old son and girlfriend in the car to prove his point. His girlfriend also lives with him and speeds also. He has accused me of knocking his garbage over in retaliation for his speeding. So, he knows he is doing something wrong to falsely accuse me of that. I spent money to put up a speed limit sign which they ignore. This 30 year old father also teaches school, but has no problem with putting my children and pets lives at risk! I don't believe the police can do anything because it is a privately owned pipe stem.

154NH773

It is joint ownership of the two houses at the end of the pipe stem. the other owner doesn't speed but he won't get involved either.
Then he can do what ever he wants, and you should keep your kids off HIS (their) driveway. You also have no right to post a speed limit sign on someone's driveway. ???

Last edited:

carnationss

Pipestem

then he can do what ever he wants, and you should keep your kids off his (their) driveway. You also have no right to post a speed limit sign on someone's driveway. ???
are you a lawyer or an antagonist. I have every right to post any sign i want, and it is harrassment to frighten and emotionally frighten anyone with speeding. Are you crazy or just on this website to provoke havoc!! I ALSO AM talking about children in the back yards being threatened by there speeding. and I suppose it's ok with you that they have a 3 year old in the car. OMG do want them to kill there own kid and mine!!

Last edited:

FarmerJ

You can place a sign facing that shared driveway on your land and there is no problem but you cannot with out consequence place a sign on land you do not own. NOW if your that concerned about his speeding get a survey done so you know exactly where the lot line is and if your community does not have setback rules for fencing then install the fencing 2 or3 inches to your side of the lot line and be done with it. AND BTW you say he is a teacher well even teachers behave badly at times but what is more important is that according to you his bad behaviour is not on your land. If you dont think a fence would be enough then by all means you might explore building a concrete wall ONLY ON YOUR LAND if your city ords wouldnt block it.

carnationss

pipe stem

You can place a sign facing that shared driveway on your land and there is no problem but you cannot with out consequence place a sign on land you do not own. NOW if your that concerned about his speeding get a survey done so you know exactly where the lot line is and if your community does not have setback rules for fencing then install the fencing 2 or3 inches to your side of the lot line and be done with it. AND BTW you say he is a teacher well even teachers behave badly at times but what is more important is that according to you his bad behaviour is not on your land. If you dont think a fence would be enough then by all means you might explore building a concrete wall ONLY ON YOUR LAND if your city ords wouldnt block it.
How about I put a sign on my land at the beginning of the pipe stem "DO NOT ENTER". I can also sue him for harassment and endangering lives. Pets climb over fences and so do children. A concrete wall my development would not allow. A "Do Not Enter " sign might make them negotiate to slow down and would be on my land.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
How about I put a sign on my land at the beginning of the pipe stem "DO NOT ENTER". I can also sue him for harassment and endangering lives. Pets climb over fences and so do children. A concrete wall my development would not allow. A "Do Not Enter " sign might make them negotiate to slow down and would be on my land.
Alrighty then. :cool:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
are you a lawyer or an antagonist. I have every right to post any sign i want, and it is harrassment to frighten and emotionally frighten anyone with speeding. Are you crazy or just on this website to provoke havoc!! I ALSO AM talking about children in the back yards being threatened by there speeding. and I suppose it's ok with you that they have a 3 year old in the car. OMG do want them to kill there own kid and mine!!
And they have every right to take it down if it is on their property or ignore it because you are out of line. You need to realize what is your business and what is within your control. THIS is not something that is your business or within your control because it is not YOUR property and belongs to someone else. YOUR child should NOT be on THEIR property.

And yes I am a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

I can also sue him for harassment and endangering lives.
and he can sue you for anything he feels like filing to. Doesn't mean either suit will go anywhere

Pets climb over fences and so do children.
then install an electric fence. Neither child nor pet will climb over that one.
A "Do Not Enter " sign might make them negotiate to slow down and would be on my land.
how? It is meaningless and if you place it on their property, you risk being sued if it results in damage or injury.

unless you can support there is a speed limit on private property, there is nothing you can do so, go down to the city offices and ask them if there is anything as to a speed limit in the situation you have. Don't get your hopes up.

the electric fence is a joke

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You have no right to prohibit him from getting to his land by way of the pipe stem. YOU do not own the pipe stem. You do not have a case for harassment. If you are a responsible parent/pet owner, you will prohibit your children/pets from running amok.

carnationss

pipe stem

And they have every right to take it down if it is on their property or ignore it because you are out of line. You need to realize what is your business and what is within your control. THIS is not something that is your business or within your control because it is not YOUR property and belongs to someone else. YOUR child should NOT be on THEIR property.

And yes I am a lawyer.
U really should read what has been said b4 commenting so u understand what is going on. U really should be more pleasant with your replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">