• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA's Authority over township roads??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

balderman72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I live in in a cimmunity of 135 houses. We have a Home owners association. I am a general contractor and have a 12 foot white box trailer. The bi-laws say the trailers can not be parked on the lot (property) or the common area's.

I continue to get fines for parking my trailer in front of my house on the street. I have spoken to the township and the roads were dedicated to the township so they are township roads and not Association common area. They also told me that the POA should not have a legal right to monitor who or what is parked on township streets.

I am planning on contacting the POA to stop sending me sitations, should I have lawyer do that and does the POA have any legal right to prevent me from parking my trailer in the street.

Thanks
Brian

justalayman

they cannot prevent you from parking on the township roads but they can enforce the rules of the POA and if they say you cannot park on the roads, they can fine you.

Trying to argue they cannot include such a restriction is just as wrong as claiming they cannot apply some such rule to your driveway because you own it and not the HOA.

So, to determine if the HOA has the rights to apply a fine would be determined by any associated CC&R's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">