• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Powerline Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeout2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

Just found out that a 345-kv transmission line is going to cross right through the middle of my property as decided by the PUC. The PUC states the electric company will be needing a 500 ft easement. A local neighbor has already been contacted to let them on the land to do a survey and should I let them on when I am contacted? Also, what would the compensation be for them crossing my property. Or better yet, how do I keep them from crossing it.

BelizeBreeze

helpmeout2 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

Just found out that a 345-kv transmission line is going to cross right through the middle of my property as decided by the PUC. The PUC states the electric company will be needing a 500 ft easement. A local neighbor has already been contacted to let them on the land to do a survey and should I let them on when I am contacted?
That is a personal decision.
Also, what would the compensation be for them crossing my property. Or better yet, how do I keep them from crossing it.
You can keep them from your land until a judge gives them rights under eminent domain.

Contact a real estate attorney before you put yourself in a mess worrying about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">