• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy fence cut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Borgy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Thanks, for the great site. I have done a search and think that I have my answer. But, I need to check. When I moved into my house it had the same chain link fence on both sides, this and the fact that it used to be a County Building, Fire Station, makes me believe the fence is mine. the fence on the east had Ivy growing on it. which made a nice green fence. The fence is from the front of the houses to the back of the property. 23 years ago I put in some taller polls and more wire from the back of the house to the back of the property. Now there is a wonderful 8 ft tall living green wall along side my pool. I like the look and keep it well trimmed. and it give very nice privacy. A new Neighbor moved in on that side. His wife hates the Ivy. he has trimmed the Ivy flush with the fence on his side, which I guess he can do. But, when he did trim the Ivy in between the houses, he just tossed the cut Ivy over on my side of the fence************** I have been injured and in the interest of harmony I let that slide. Now he has cut the ivy on my side of the fence and just let the ivy fall. Now there is a big hole about 5 feet wide, that you can see thru and I have lost my privacy.
NOW do I call the sheriff? or just get a Lawyer?
What to do to get my Privacy back?
Thanks

HuAi

1) get a survey to confirm if the fence is on your property or on his
2) replant the ivy - it will be back in full force in a year (you can cut a branch from the big bush and put it into a glass of water, it will sprout roots in a week)

Borgy

Replanting is not a problem. There is 40ft more 8 ft tall ivy on the fence. How do I keep him from cutting the rest of the Ivy down that is on my side?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">