• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Driveway with Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi

I found out that i own the driveway of the cul-de-sac where my home is located. I have a neighbor who is to the left off me and uses this driveway. I understand that he has an easement that allows him to use the driveway, which is perfectly fine by me but does he have right to park in the driveway and allow others to do so as well? He acts like he owns half the driveway and never asks permission to let others park on my driveway. Also does he have to pitch in or repairs to the driveway? If not can i charge a maintenance fee?

John Se

driveway and easements

How did you find out, the subdivision plat? survey? title policy? recorded easement? title search?

adjusterjack

Hi

I found out that i own the driveway of the cul-de-sac where my home is located. I have a neighbor who is to the left off me and uses this driveway. I understand that he has an easement that allows him to use the driveway, which is perfectly fine by me but does he have right to park in the driveway and allow others to do so as well? He acts like he owns half the driveway and never asks permission to let others park on my driveway. Also does he have to pitch in or repairs to the driveway? If not can i charge a maintenance fee?
You will get the answers to your questions by READING the recorded easement document.

quincy

Hi

What is the name of your state, Zim?

LdiJ

Hi

Does it cause some sort of problem for him or his guests to be parking on the driveway? Is there plenty of other space for he and his guests to park?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">