• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private fence easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thomasjp

What is the name of your state?Florida
I live in a subdivision with a home owners association that owns a wooden fence that runs behind my house. I just found out that there is a 10' private fence easement along the back of my lot, I was told the 10' easement was a utility easement. The fence is at the far end of the lot and needs to be repaired or replaced. The county put a chainlink fence in about 8" from the wooden fence making it impossible to maintain. There is talk of the HOA moving the fence in 10', which would be 1/2 of my back yard. I talked to the county about the private fence easement and they say the easement should be defined in our HOA CC&R but the easement is not defined. Since it is not defined can the HOA still move the fence or can it be defined as a maintenance easement only?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">