• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private road access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maddyfamily

What is the name of your state?
washington
I own proprty that has a private road on one side. This road is used by property owners futher up this road. I have access to my property from another road. Can I access my property from the private road also?

S

seniorjudge

maddyfamily said:
What is the name of your state?
washington
I own proprty that has a private road on one side. This road is used by property owners futher up this road. I have access to my property from another road. Can I access my property from the private road also?
Is this private road on your land or someone else's land?

Caterina82

If your land grants easement and is part of this private road, then yes, you can use it. If your property is not part of the private road, nor is your property mentioned as benefitting from the use of the road in the road creation documents, then no.

John Se

Who Owns the "private road"

Who Owns the "private road", what property owner granted the easement? You?

maddyfamily

John Se said:
Who Owns the "private road", what property owner graned the easement
THe person who owns the private road sold the proprties further down this road and granted easement rights to these properties. These neighbors are willing to let me use the road.

maddyfamily

seniorjudge said:
Is this private road on your land or someone else's land?
This private raod is on someone else's land . He is the original owner who sold parcels along this road and granted easement rights to these parcels. Some of these parcel o0wners are willing to let me use the road for access , but not the grantor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">