• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private road maintenance (with easements)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tad_rusty

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oakland county, Michigan

We live on a private road with 30 houses along it, we are trying to get all the owners to participate in maintaining the road. Some sections of the road are not currently maintained and have trees, brush and rocks intentionally left within the easement boundries. Can the owner of a property stop us from clearing within the easement boundries?

Can we ask for compensation from owners who have not maintained thier portions of the easement?

If the township Fire department asks for changes can the owners inhibit change within the easement boundries?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tad_rusty said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oakland county, Michigan

We live on a private road with 30 houses along it, we are trying to get all the owners to participate in maintaining the road. Some sections of the road are not currently maintained and have trees, brush and rocks intentionally left within the easement boundries. Can the owner of a property stop us from clearing within the easement boundries?

Can we ask for compensation from owners who have not maintained thier portions of the easement?

If the township Fire department asks for changes can the owners inhibit change within the easement boundries?

My response:

Why are you coming to an Internet site for something like this? This is a local, county, issue. Take it up with them. We deal with the law, not Municipal issues.

IAAL

tad_rusty

tad_rusty said:

I guess I actually though I was asking a question concerning the rights of the other owners on a private road in Michigan to maintain an easement. Any answers?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tad_rusty said:
I guess I actually though I was asking a question concerning the rights of the other owners on a private road in Michigan to maintain an easement. Any answers?

My response:

You JUST don't get it, do you? "the rights of the other owners on a private road in Michigan to maintain an easement is a LOCAL issue. It's not a State issue.

..................../´¯/)
..................,/¯../
................./..../
.........../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
......../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.......\.................'...../
........''...\.......... _.·´
..........\..............(
............\.............\....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">