• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private way/fun neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccantara

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine
I am the proud owner of a private right of way, 380 ft long, 45 ft wide! Although I hold title to the property, and have sent a copy of the deed to my neighbor, he insists it is a public way. The city agrees with me as I pay taxes on said property, and have had a court ruling stating I own the road. The city has gone as far as putting up a private way sign on the road. The first 150 ft of the road is gravel, which yes I have always maintained including grading, plowing and all other necessary tasks. The remaing is and has been lawn from day one, well before my neighbor built his home. I mow the lawn, weekly to a lenght of 3 inches as I get run off from the city road it connects to. I find keeping it at this length stops is from becoming muddy and allowing to pass over it when it is wet.

Every week when my mowing is complete, my neighbor will come in behind me and mow a section approx 50 long where the gravel ends. He mows it as low as he can, creating a burden to me when it is wet. He also insists on parking vehichles on the section of lawn in front on his houes, thus blocking me from the remaining section of nearly another 70 feet.

I am looking for statutes or Maine law that might help me clear this up.

justalayman

you already had a court make the call, now it is time for you to make the call to the police and report this trespassing neighbor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">