• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bethy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I live in a townhouse, which is in a cluster of 5 homes per unit. My direct neighbor has created problems since moving in 5 years ago, everything from loud noise (he plays drums), and music mainly during the 10pm-7am noise ordinance no-no's. We HAD frequently gone to his door to ask him to turn it off/stop drumming in the middle of the night (1-4am) as it wakes us up. After year 4 we gave up and just call the police each time. He frequently has yelling arguments outside which waked neighbors up (I have since turned to sounding my car alarm during these times and that has subsided). He also has a dog (pit-bull mix) which is not dog-friendly has attacked dogs and almost killed my dog 2 years ago. The assoc. sends him a $25 fine each time the dog is off leash and made aware by one of the residents. Now we get to the gross stuff.

This poor dog does not get walked and is sent out back to relieve himself. We all have a fenced in backyard. Our neighbors back deck is usually covered w/ poop until the association gave him a warning/fine....he usually flings it over the back fence and again, given a warning/fine for each offence. However now, on Saturday, he flung it over the fence to his neighbors deck in addition to the back, beyond his deck. Police have been involved, Board of health has been involved as well as the assoc. Yesterday, not only is his deck loaded again, but more poop is out back which I took pictures of and sent to the BOH again. I am the only other one in this 5 unit set that has a dog, but mine is 20 lbs, whereas his is 80 pounds and the poop out back is consistant w/ what is on his deck.

Does anyone know have any words of help of who else we can contact? He's a 30-something single guy so nobody else in the house could have done this.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Have you called your city / county govt center to learn if there is a dog poop ord and if there is what its details are? other than calling police for noise disturbances not much else you can do, Your hoa can only fine and fine but as you see the fines are not enough to get that unit to correct the problem so see if your city has a dog poop ord and if it does ask them to come out n take a look.

csi7

Contact the local animal welfare unit or state animal welfare unit, and also the code enforcement for the area where you reside. The health department may have resources to help resolve this environmental hazard.
Yes, in quantities such as you are referring to, it is a biological hazard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">