• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with Neighbor laying down bricks along walkway we share between our houses!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpbiz978

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I need advice to find out if it is legal for my neighbor to lay down bricks along his property line in a ally way we both share between our houses. The walkway leads to my back yard and back door entrance, but does not lead to any entrance to my neighbors house. My concern is that my 18 month old daughter might trip over his bricks in our walkway. it is a very narrow walkway. if anyone can give me some advice on what to do? thank you

154NH773

You need to define the term "share".

Do you have an easement or other legal agreement allowing you to "use" his property?
If so, what exactly does it allow?
If not, then anything lawful he does on his property is his business. If he creates a hazard, he may be liable if it causes injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">