• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property damage by neighbors children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snydersub

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA

O.K. So the neighbors son age 6 is playing out front and swinging on our basketball hoop. (tall, heavy, stand alone type) Which is located on the sidewalk in front of our house, facing the street and not in our driveway.
This boy has been told three times in the past by us not to do this and why.
So as he is swinging on it he knocks it over onto a car causing damage to the cars trunk and to his own head and neck. (minor in both cases).
Who is responsible for the damage to the cars trunk?
The boys parents because of his actions and being told in the past not to do this? Or us the owners of the basketball hoop?
Just a few side notes. We live in Military housing. Do not own the house, or have renters insurance. (which I will correct today...alittle to late). The military housing office wants nothing to do with this.

Any advice?

S

seniorjudge

Snydersub said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA

O.K. So the neighbors son age 6 is playing out front and swinging on our basketball hoop. (tall, heavy, stand alone type) Which is located on the sidewalk in front of our house, facing the street and not in our driveway.
This boy has been told three times in the past by us not to do this and why.
So as he is swinging on it he knocks it over onto a car causing damage to the cars trunk and to his own head and neck. (minor in both cases).
Who is responsible for the damage to the cars trunk?
The boys parents because of his actions and being told in the past not to do this? Or us the owners of the basketball hoop?
Just a few side notes. We live in Military housing. Do not own the house, or have renters insurance. (which I will correct today...alittle to late). The military housing office wants nothing to do with this.

Any advice?

I think you need to drop the little brat in the middle of Baghdad...BUT before you try that, re-post this in the military law forum.

Tell them I sent you over so you do not get a nastygram for double-posting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">