• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justfair

What is the name of your state? pa
we've lived here for 15 years, my husband moved here back in 1984 when his mom bought the house. now, a new neighbor (of 3 years) wants to beautify their property and disconnect the connection of our driveways. we didin't pay much mind to their letter of intent (sent in may '05). things have been the way they've always been, we have a woodshed and log splitting equipment in our back yard (they can see) and the neighbor wants to fence this off. we thought that their letter was trying to force us to have our property surveyed...and we can't afford a surveyor or a lawyer.
yesterday the man started to dig up the black-top between our connected properties....a 3 x 10ft trench ... can he do this?. when my husband asked him where the fence was going and if we'd still have access to our back yard........he didn't answer right away...but stated that someone removed the pins. So, he doesn't know where his property is either.
he's a veternarian/wife's a realtor...do we have any hope?

ps...when i spoke to this man for the first time in 3 years just yesterday...i asked if he was going to leave the pit safe. he asked what i considered safe.
my 3 grandkids live here. his reply was that they shouldn't be on his property.

So, this is what we're up against

divgradcurl

justfair said:
What is the name of your state? pa
we've lived here for 15 years, my husband moved here back in 1984 when his mom bought the house. now, a new neighbor (of 3 years) wants to beautify their property and disconnect the connection of our driveways. we didin't pay much mind to their letter of intent (sent in may '05). things have been the way they've always been, we have a woodshed and log splitting equipment in our back yard (they can see) and the neighbor wants to fence this off. we thought that their letter was trying to force us to have our property surveyed...and we can't afford a surveyor or a lawyer.
yesterday the man started to dig up the black-top between our connected properties....a 3 x 10ft trench ... can he do this?. when my husband asked him where the fence was going and if we'd still have access to our back yard........he didn't answer right away...but stated that someone removed the pins. So, he doesn't know where his property is either.
he's a veternarian/wife's a realtor...do we have any hope?

ps...when i spoke to this man for the first time in 3 years just yesterday...i asked if he was going to leave the pit safe. he asked what i considered safe.
my 3 grandkids live here. his reply was that they shouldn't be on his property.

So, this is what we're up against
What does him being a veterinarian and his wife being a realtor have to do with this?

The fact is, there is no magic solution to your problem. Without a current survey, you don't really know where the property line is, and it is hard to tell someone not to do something if you don't know where the property line really is. Maybe that ditch they are digging really is on their property. Although surveryors don't work for free, without a survey, there really isn't a whole lot you could do. Maybe you could see if the city or county might help, maybe they don't have a permit to do what they are doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">