• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rclift84

hi, we live in Virginia on a plot of land with four other houses on it. There is one dirt road (maintained by all of us) the runs in the front of each of our properties. There has never been an issue before but the second neighbor down the line has just paved his driveway (who knows why he still drives the dirt road to get there) and had the company run the pavement out of his driveway and put speedbumps. A bit obnoxious in my opinion but whatever. Today i had an early day from work come home to see the speed bumps have now been painted yellow i drove over them and to my surprise the pain is still wet and i am now scrubbing yellow highway paint from my fender wells. I dont know squat about easements (though i am getting spun up now) but i do know that that we have one on this particular property as we all pay money in putting down gravel every year and there was something about it in my paperwork when i bought my house a year and half ago. Anyone able to tell me what rights I have and what these people can and cant do? I am the last house on the line (lucky me) so its not like i could do anything to mess with anyone else here. Love to hear anyones thoughts on this. Thanks in advance for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">