• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quiet Title/Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troublemaker21

What is the name of your state? AZ

Please Help !!

The driveway I have been using to access my home/property goes through the neighbor's property. I have been using this driveway for 2 years. The prior owner of my home had used this same driveway - since 1999. There is no signed or recorded paperwork with the county as to matter because the other property owner refused to put anything in anything.

The problem is the neighbor's property is being sold and going into escrow shortly. Now they want me to sign a Quiet Title/ Quit Claim Deed. If I don't, their attorney is threating to sue me and pay their legal fees.

My question : If I stop using the existing driveway (having a new one put it), can they still take me to court and win and pay their fees? I do not want to be forced to sign anything. (If I don't have to).

Also, these same neighbors had been using a portion of my property (and the previous owner of my property). When they sell their property, is there something that I should have them sign to protect me from the new owners trespassing ? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">