• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reataining wall and fence in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CAlGirl123

I live in Alemeda Co in CA. I want to know who is liable for what: There is a retaining wall made of wood that runs between my parcel and my three posterior neighbors parcels. I believe the wall is situated approx. two feet into my parcel. I don't know who but I believe the previous owner of my parcel filled the space between the retaining wall and my neighbors land with pieces of broken cement. There is a fence which runs from one end of my parcel to the other; I believe on the boundary line.
Two of my neighbors parcels are situated about 3 feet above mine with no problems in the structure of the wall or fence between them and I. My third neighbors is situated about four feet above me. The wall runs between our land for approx. 30 feet. This portion of the wall is being pushed down toward my land by the sliding earth from my uphill neighbor. His dirt, soil, plants and other debris are slipping under our fence which runs above the retaining wall and onto the pieces of cement.
Just yesterday a piece of fence broke off from another portion of the fence. My father placed some wooden beams to hold the fence up and semi repaired the broken portion so that I can do my research prior to repairing it.

Who is liable to fix the wall. I don't know if the wall was built when the homes were built in 1965.

If you have any cases or codes which can help please let me know.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">