• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retaining wall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beachlover

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Last year we replaced a retaining wall in our yard because the original wall was falling apart and we also needed to fix some drainage issues. Our yard slopes into our neighbors...we originally put the retaining wall up to level out our yard. Apparently, now that winter is over and everything is thawing out, some mud seeped from the retaining wall on to our neighbors lawn. They want my husband to go over and clean up the mud! Is this our responsibility??

seniorjudge

Q: Is this (i.e., us pouring mud on to our neighbor's land) our responsibility?

A: Hmmm...let me think about this and get back with you.:D

beachlover

We didn't pour mud onto our neighbors lawn...it may have come from our retaining wall or it just may have come from water draining down the hill in their backyard...they have a steep hill that levels off at the bottom...which is where the mud has accumulated. IF it came from our retaining wall or from the base of the wall, is it our responsibility to clean it up?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beachlover

Thanks. We cleaned it up...we would have either way. Just wanted to know if we were required to. Wasn't looking for sarcasm. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">