• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaining Wall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travelguy

TEXAS.....Behind my house, there is a retaining wall that was installed so that the folks 'above' me could have a level back yard. It encompasses three different lots..two are 80 feet long and one is 40 feet long. It is constructed of railroad ties and it was installed 30 years ago. The surveyors plats show that the wall is on their property by about 6 inches.

The wall is crumbling and I have been discussing replacement with the neighbors. One party is in with the proposed fix, one is lukewarm, one is unwilling to participate.

I have had the City code enforcement folks involved, but they see this as a 'shared' wall and therefore, they issued violation notices to all 4 of us.

All these conversations have been ongoing for over a year. I've come to end of my wits with this issue.

What are my legal options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">