• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaining Wall Fell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wallfalldown

MARYLAND In the recent rains, a retaining wall that runs along my driveway fell down. Thankfully no one was hurt but now my wall and my neighbor's lawn is in my driveway. There is the clean up and what to replace it with that is at issue.

I don't want to replace the wall. If I don't I am afraid that it will damage my neighbors house exposing me to further liability.

Who has what responsibility?

HuAi

You say "my wall" but whose property was the wall actually built on, and by whom? If it's really your wall, you're on the hook for repairs. If it damages the house it would be the contractor's insurance who would have to pay for it, so get a licensed and bonded contractor to do it. If its on the neighbor's property, then he's responsible for repairs and cleaning up the dirt in yoru driveway.

wallfalldown

Wall is the boundry

The wall is on my property but it is holding up my neighboor's property. The wall is the line. The wall has been there over 25 years but I just bought the property 6 months ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">