• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rockville, Maryland Property...TREE leaning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sandra G

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
A Live tree on my property is leaning into my neighbors yard, they asked if I would cut the tree down, due to their concern of the tree falling on their house....their kids, their cars....

The tree is an oak tree that is clearly old, with limbs that lean over to their land...if the tree ends up on their house, cars, kids....who is responsible if it occurs during a strong wind, storm etc??

If they want to cut down the tree, I would be happy to agree...but the tree doesn't bother me.

Any legalities on my part??

JETX

who is responsible if it occurs during a strong wind, storm etc?? Any legalities on my part??
Depends on the CONDITION of the tree. If it is dead, diseased or dying and falls as a result of your negligence in not removing the hazard, you could be found liable.

FarmerJ

consider having a arborist attempt to determine the health of the tree , If you learn it is healthy and dont want it cut down until it does show signs of being less than healthy dont agree to it.

154NH773

Now that they have put you on notice of their concerns, you could be found liable if any of their predictions come true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">