• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ROW what do I do now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BucketHead

What is the name of your state? MA
After 2 letters from our lawyer and many visits from the police our neighbors are still doing maintenance on the ROW. What do I do next? Help!
Joanne

ms.magoo

ROW what do I do now ?

Your question an post is too vague to even have a clue as to what to answer back to you too. What does your ROW agreement state ? Who is the Grantor, and the Grantee ? Do you have a lawsuit in action already ? I'd need more information before I could even fathom a idea or try an help you out. :confused:

BucketHead

Sorry, was very frustrated when I wrote earlier. We own the right of way. Our neighbors have the right of ingress and egress, as stated in their deed. Last fall/winter a letter was sent by our lawyers because our property was being used to dump their bushes leaves and so on. The letter stated that they have the right to go to and from their property from the road, not to dump, park, maintenance and so on. The police came before the letter because they were dumping yard waste. This spring another letter was sent by our lawyer because they again were doing maintenance and dumping. They received the letter and the wife decided she would drive up and down the driveway honking her horn by our house, we are above them therefore they should not be going past their house because they own nothing above us. We video taped them and called the police again. Today they were doing maintenance and blowing yard waste over. I have had enough and don't know what to do next.

ms.magoo

ROW what do I do now ?

Well I guess your neighbours don't take a lawyers letter very seriously. Maybe you should ask your lawyer if he can draw up a petition an start a legal suit for nuisance. That way, he can then go to the Judge an put a motion in that will stop the neighbours from dumping thier yard wastes on the ROW. Make sure you document all the things they have done on the ROW to back up your legal claim. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">