• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Same bass problem, snowballing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iltmthm

What is the name of your state? FL

In a previous thread (bass goes bump) I asked for advice in how to deal with my neighbors who insist on playing their bass loud enough to shake my windows...

Well, the last police officer who came out told them there is a noise ordinance that prohibits you from invading someone's space up to 100 feet. They took it as: if the cop is standing 100 feet from the house and can't hear it, then they are ok. However, our home is within 100 feet therefore they are preventing us from enjoying our home.

So my husband and I have taken to asking them every day to turn down the bass. I mean, it doesn't matter what time of day it is, it's always going. Yesterday, I went to ask again since my son couldn't focus on his homework and they accused me of harrassment.

This is just getting out of control. But short of I say/they say how can I get help in getting them to obey the noise ordinance? They blast their bass inside their house and then sit out front so that if a cop comes, one can run in and turn it down. I don't want to make the police think I'm falsly calling them. I believe that our neighbors are harrassing us but I do not know what to do to stop it.

Please, any advice would be most appreciated. Do they have grounds to accuse us of harrassment? Can we take a legal action against them based on our word?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">