• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sample letter to grant permission to neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samlooker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
MA

I am trying to write up a letter to grant permission to my neighbor to use a piece of land that belongs to me. This is to avoid any future adverse possession claims. I intend to have the neighbors sign it.

Background: The neighbors have already put up a fence partially in my property. I don't need them to bring it down now, but need to have something in written to avoid future adverse possession claim. Also this is to avoid any hassle in case I want to sell my house.

Could someone provide a sample letter for this?
Thanks a lot.

Cedrus

I think you could find a RE lawyer in the Yellow Pages that adversises 15 minutes or more of initial free advice. Try it.

The letter might say in effect: I know your fence is partially on my property (and if you have a survey, draw the fence in) and I am giving you permission to use it, revocable by me, at any time of my choosing.

After it it signed, take it to the county recorded and record it with your property file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">