• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is seller (builder) required to restake the property prior to closing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suthnuh

north carolina, union county. purchasing new construction, closing sept 14th. is seller, the builder, required to restake the property prior to closing? at least one stake was knocked down and fencing company says i should insist on this prior to closing. builder thus far has refused.

Bigfoot

Is Seller required to restake the property

Have you been charged for a survey? If you tell your closing attorney that you will not close until the builder performs this small task, it should get his attention. And the later that you wait to close in September, the lesser your interim interest.

demartian

Ordinances

It's in my City Ordinance that all new construction needs to have the property marked with metal pins.

Look up the ordinances in the local library or see if they are online.

Of course, I found that information out AFTER my next door neighbor installed their fence a few inches over our property line because they didn't want to wait for the builder to come out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">