• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Servitude of passage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris61167gemen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Trying to find out how to get a servitude of passage removed. The property was land locked at one time, but the new owner that purchased it can get to it from his property now. But he does not want to remove the passage of servitude. If i have proof of him having access from his property, does it give me a right to get it removed from my property? Thanks for any help with this issue.

justalayman

If i have proof of him having access from his property, does it give me a right to get it removed from my property?
in itself, generally not.

How did his property gain access where there once was none?

If it involves the act of an adjacent land owner buying the landlocked property, have the lots been combined?

If not, then the landlocked lot is just as landlocked as it always was and the easement should remain. If the current owner ever decided to sell the lot, it would then not have any access.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">