• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sewer clean out on neighbors yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Meistro23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Just replaced my sewer line and it runs 3' into my neighbors yard. The plumber installed a clean out where he found the break that is within the utility easment but on the neighbors yard. Now neighbor wants it moved. Am I required to move my clean out since line is on their property but within the easment?

Dave1952

Is there more to this story? Why was a clean-out installed? It seems odd that the break occurred where a clean-out was needed.

FarmerJ

did you learn from your city if they required it to be moved onto your own property at the time a repair was needed ?

John Se

Easment

I would say no, if its in the easement, thats probably your easement right on their land (which is what an easement is), you may wish to check the wording. You might try cutting the clean out down below grade and marking it for the future to make nice with the neighbor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">