• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macon_ga_rick

What is the name of your state? Ga

Exactly what constitutes the boundaries of a driveway under Georgia law?

I have a written shared driveway agreement shared driveway that does not specifically contain the words "to allow access to the back yard of <address>" but the neighbor has erected a fence on the property line blocking my access to my yard.

The agreement is attached to the deeds of both my property and his property, but the plat shows that the section that I cross to enter my yard (pre-fence) is approximately 10-16 inches from the concrete tire track runners that he installed.

The fence actually prevents a passenger door from being opened far enough for a person to get out of on a car that is parked in the driveway on the runners.

Pictures and documentation are available at http://www.websbyrick.com/driveway if you're interested in seeing it.

I CANNOT SEEM TO FINS AN ATTORNEY IN MACON GEORGIA THAT WANTS TO HANDLE THIS CASE.

ok, I don't know anything about law, but I looked at your pix, and I have to ask:

How was it that your (pre-2006) driveway was leading to your neighbor's garage??

macon_ga_rick

Driveway goes to neighbor's garage?

Both pieces of property were owned by one person originally. He built the house on the right hand side of the pictures for his aged mother. She did not drive. And he built the stone garage without paying any attention to the location of the property line.

When the lots were surveyed for sale after his death it was discovered that the garage sat half on what would become my property and half on (what would be) the neighbor's property, with the entire driveway on the property allocated as "my lot". In the process of the sale of the property, I agreed to allow the driveway to be re-platted to go with the "other" lot, as I did not want the stone garage. However, I did demand a perpetual, written, shared driveway agreement between the properties be in effect before I would complete the purchase. So the executor handling the estate drew up and implemented a "Joint Driveway Agreement" and had it attached to the deeds of both properties before either of them were sold to myself, or the investor that bought the other property next door. It's this "investor" that I am having a problem with. However, I have been advised that if I do not exercise my rights I stand to potentially lose them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">