• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared driveway options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

revensen

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and own a home on a 60' x 297' lot. Neighbor's lot is identicle and we have a shared driveway spliting the propery. 75% of the driveway is on my property and 25% is on the neighbors property. I have not been able to find any easements regarding the shared driveway. I'm wondering is I have any options to abolish this shared driveway. Could I remove several feet of asphalt on my side near the property line and sod it or plant bushes? This would leave the neighbor with a rather small driveway width. It there any other options?

Here is a link to the property on our local GIS public website,

http://www.cedar-rapids.org/assessor/pmc/

From here choose, "Property Search"

Type in, 141725203500000 into the "Search by GPN"

Choose the said property, on the bottom of the appraisal summary choose, "Show Map"

New window appears, click on 2005 photo.sid

You can now zoom in on the 1620 property and view the lot line situation.

If anyone has any ideas or options that would be great. The house is currently for sale and is not occupied, yet we have already had several shared driveway incidents with the sellers.

Thanks a bunch,

BobWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">