• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shared well

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hgrace

What is the name of your state? Washington

Our property has a shared well. The neighbors are the only other users and they are, at best, unpleasant to us . We currently do not have a well agreement with them and there appears to be no amendment to our title that obligates us to provide them with water. Are we obligated to continue to allow them to use the well? With reasonable notice can we discontinue providing them with water?
A previous owner did have a well use agreement. I'm not sure that I want to pursue this, I'm just curious if we have some leverage over them with this issue.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

now that you edited it , I really think your best bet is to talk to a real estate atty the atty can arrange to have every thing re checked to make sure nothing was missed then atlease advise you about giving them a notice that the well will not provide them with water after a certain date.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">