• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shared well am I liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeanfranklynn

Montana I have a shared well that I am not connected to (I have another well also) my neighbor and I do not get along in the shared well agreement we both are to pay for maintenance, without telling me he hired a driller to work on the well and replace the pump wiring and casing, am I responsible for the cost since I was not informed he was going to do this. ( It was not an emergency)n thanks

Last edited:

Montana I have a shared well that I am not connected to (I have another well also) my neighbor and I do not get along in the shared well agreement we both are to pay for maintenance, without telling me he hired a driller to work on the well and replace the pump wiring and casing, am I responsible for the cost since I was not informed he was going to do this. ( It was not an emergency)n thanks
Does your agreement address obtaining approvals from one another, multiple estimates, disagreements? While it wasn't an emergency, was the work needed?

jeanfranklynn

shared well am i liable

yes there is a clause about approval unless it is an emergency however the well driller visited them at least twice before he started work. I don't know if the work was needed as we do not speak, and I am not connected to the well. They could have contacted us thru the driller, neighbor, a phone call, email, yelled across the fence as they often do. The agreement also says any upgrades or additions must be approved by all parties, and paid for by the benefitting party. Nothing about multiple estimates, they have already sued us once before, it was settled out of court by each party planting 10 trees. but to defend ourselves it cost a lot. They sued us because we had horse feces in our yard (there words not mine) (everything was ok until I told her she could not feed my horses or ride them anymore.) I live in rural Montana, and because my dogs barked when they agitated them, (photographing a fox killing my chickens and the dog barking at the fox), during mediation they tried to have us agree to not parking on our property but parking down the road, having a landscaper of their choice take over our yard, we have 4 acres and they wanted us to agree to not ever have any animals, again we live in rural Montana where else should you be able to own horses or dogs or cats? My yard is not an eyesore, the horses were only in the back pasture, and the dogs were in kennels during the day and slept in the house.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">