• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sharing a pond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amarc531

Sharing the pond

2 people share the private pond. My neighbor and I. We have an easement agreement and the pond is a natural body of water. He said he doesn't want me fishing from his dock to his beach out of respect for his area. That's fine with me, but today I was fishing on my boat no in "his area" when he decided to yell at me for fishing too close to his dock. I don't want to be harassed on my pond what do I do?

quincy

2 people share the private pond. My neighbor and I. We have an easement agreement and the pond is a natural body of water. He said he doesn't want me fishing from his dock to his beach out of respect for his area. That's fine with me, but today I was fishing on my boat no in "his area" when he decided to yell at me for fishing too close to his dock. I don't want to be harassed on my pond what do I do?
What do you do? Stop fishing too close to his dock, maybe?

Amarc531

All I do is fish. And sorry I didn't clarify, it's an island floating dock out towards the middle. Not a dock attached to his shore. I was basically fishing the middle.

quincy

All I do is fish. And sorry I didn't clarify, it's an island floating dock out towards the middle. Not a dock attached to his shore. I was basically fishing the middle.
Have you asked your neighbor to move his floating dock closer to his shoreline?

Another idea: When my kids are fighting, I use duct tape. I stick a line of duct tape from one side of a room to the other and tell them they are not allowed to cross the line into the other's territory. Although admittedly duct tape would not work well on a pond, could you come to an agreement with your neighbor on who gets what half of the pond for their own personal use, essentially drawing a line down the middle of the pond?

Answering justalayman's questions, by the way, might help you get something closer to a legal answer. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">