• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sharing a utility easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BMWrider

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

I am planning on building a new home this summer and will need to run my house sewer line across a neighboring property to connect to the sewer main. A second neighbor already holds an easement for this same purpose and I would like to lay my sewer line right next to his, in the same easement. The holder of the easement has already indicated that he will agree to this plan.

Who do I need permission from? The property owner or the holder of the existing easement? Or both?

What is the easiest way to resolve this situation? Can I be added to the existing easement or do I need a separate easement?

James

S

seniorjudge

BMWrider said:

I am planning on building a new home this summer and will need to run my house sewer line across a neighboring property to connect to the sewer main. A second neighbor already holds an easement for this same purpose and I would like to lay my sewer line right next to his, in the same easement. The holder of the easement has already indicated that he will agree to this plan.

Who do I need permission from? The property owner or the holder of the existing easement? Or both?

What is the easiest way to resolve this situation? Can I be added to the existing easement or do I need a separate easement?

James
You will need permission from the person or persons over whose land you want to run your sewer.

Go to a lawyer and have this drawn up correctly.

HomeGuru

BMWrider said:

James
**A: to cover your bases you will need the property owner and the easement beneficiarty to sign a new easement. See a re attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">