• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shed on neibors property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjs01757

Massachusetts - Our shed ihas been located on our neighbors property with their permission for about 7 years. We are in the process of listing our home for sale. Are there any laws stating that we have to remove it prior to the sale - even if the neighbors would approve it? I don't know if they will approve, I am just assuming at this point. How would this be disclosed on the listing?

drewguy

Yes, you should disclose it, lest buyers think that the shed is on your land.

Check with your agent as to wording, but basically you should be able to say that the shed conveys and is currently on neighbor's land with permission. If you can, see if you can get the neighbor to agree to extend the permission to the buyer.

HomeGuru

Massachusetts - Our shed ihas been located on our neighbors property with their permission for about 7 years. We are in the process of listing our home for sale. Are there any laws stating that we have to remove it prior to the sale - even if the neighbors would approve it? I don't know if they will approve, I am just assuming at this point. How would this be disclosed on the listing?
**A: do you have a current survey?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">