• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shovleing snow on neighbors property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

Yes, our town does have an ordanance about putting snow in the street. But there is no ordanance saying anything about putting snow on a neighbors property. Since they had a couple of paragraphs about this, I would have thought they would have something there.

DK
are you really this lazy and have such disregard and lacking in respect for your neighbor that you would simply act like a jerk?

if so, I hope you are cursed and have every dog in the neighborhood use your yard for a toilet this summer.

yes, there are laws that control you putting stuff on the neighbors yard. There are civil as well as criminal statutes for trespassing and if the neighbor wants to take the bother, he can pay to have your snow removed from his yard and sue you for the costs.

I will say you are lucky you are not my neighbor because I would have a friend with a front end loader put tons and tons of snow in your yard and behind your car.

justalayman

How about take all the snow and build a gigantic snow man on your front yard and wait to see if the neighbor complains about that too. Otherwise push it into the street or better yet in front of your neighbors car, haha.
it is illegal to do either of those but especially into the road. That also gets you in the position of being liable for any damage to vehicles caused by the snow you pushed into the road.

Badbrains

it is illegal to do either of those but especially into the road. That also gets you in the position of being liable for any damage to vehicles caused by the snow you pushed into the road.
Too funny...no one can take a joke on this forum, unreal. Surrounded by would be lawyers. Get a sense of humor and laugh it off.

TigerD

The OP is jerk. It is really this simple: don't pile crap on other people's property.

The guy doesn't want it there. It isn't your property. Stop arguing about it like a three-year-old and just stop doing it.

DC

dktiger501

Guys I am not arguing the point that I can't do it anymore. That is why I came to this site - to understand what is the law. True, I have had a hard time accepting this because I did not know the rules and have never had a neighbor before that would not have allowed this. So I am sorry for that. Maybe I just grew up in a better place.

DK

Badbrains

Guys I am not arguing the point that I can't do it anymore. That is why I came to this site - to understand what is the law. True, I have had a hard time accepting this because I did not know the rules and have never had a neighbor before that would not have allowed this. So I am sorry for that. Maybe I just grew up in a better place.

DK
I am on your side, build that snow man and build him so big he reaches above the trees with a big salute!

Try living in washington state where you get not just feet of snow under cramped quarters, but 10-20 feet of snow. We all share the snow and have a snowball fight.

Badbrains

I will say you are lucky you are not my neighbor because I would have a friend with a front end loader put tons and tons of snow in your yard and behind your car.
I like you as fellow poster and you have a good reputation, but don't call me out on what is legal when your post violates your own statement againts me, about not advising people to break the law. You said the same thing I did. Just being fair.

justalayman

I like you as fellow poster and you have a good reputation, but don't call me out on what is legal when your post violates your own statement againts me, about not advising people to break the law. You said the same thing I did. Just being fair.
where did I suggest that anybody break the law?

I said I would do it. I never suggested anybody else do it.

Badbrains

generally we tend to not advise people to break the law on this forum.
Go back and read the entire thread.

What part of washington...I have lived in many parts...south, north, east, and west. depends on what area you want to refer to. I have been all over the state.

justalayman

Go back and read the entire thread.

What part of washington...I have lived in many parts...south, north, east, and west. depends on what area you want to refer to. I have been all over the state.
the places with 10-20 feet of snow and residents in the same place.

While Washington (one specific spot) holds the world record for a 1 year total (about 95 feet), most of the populated areas get less than 1 foot of snow per year. A few near 2'. I was trying to find anything other than a ski town that got much more.

and to advising anybody to break the law?

Can't find anything. I said I hope all the dogs around him crap in his yard (you surely can't mean I advised the dogs to break the law) and I would have a friend bury his yard with snow. (still not advising anybody to break the law.)

Never advised anybody to break the law I could find.

Proserpina

and where in Washington would that be?

No kidding.

I live in - literally - the "last county before Canada" in WA state. And we've never, ever, EVER had (outside of Mount Baker and ski areas - and nobody actually LIVES on Mount Baker and those areas) more than a couple of feet.

Trust me. I used to live in freakin' Fargo for crying out loud. And that place gets some snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">