• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sign put up on a power line on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealmychecks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I was mowing my lawn today when I noticed that there was a sign on a power poll on my property promoting a church. From what I understand, everything up to the power line is county property. However, the sign (the same size as a speed limit sign) does extend past the pole and into my air rights. Also if the govt did authenticate this, isn't church and state separate? I want this gone because I don't support this church.

Last edited:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I was mowing my lawn today when I noticed that there was a sign on a power poll on my property promoting a church. From what I understand, everything up to the power line is county property. However, the sign (the same size as a speed limit sign) does extend past the pole and into my air rights. Also if the govt did authenticate this, isn't church and state separate? I want this gone because I don't support this church.
YOUR air rights??..:rolleyes:
Anytime anyone attaches anything to a utility pole they must have the utility that owns the pole permission. period.
And that's rarely given. Nails, screws staples thumbtacks represent a serious hazard to any utility worker that must climb that pole using what we called climbers or gaffes (things strapped to the leg) with a inch and half to three inch long spike that digs into the pole as the worker ascends or descends the pole. Should that gaff hit a nail instead of wood you would gaff out and drop like a rock! Even if tape was used anything that blocked the view of the climbing space would not be allowed.
I would call the local utility and ask if they were aware of the stuff on their poles.
If that church that you don't support HAS their ok you are pretty much SOL. There is something called easement rights and you have NO rights what so ever as to what is put there.

..__________________
~ Not all of us can do great things.
But we can do small things with great love. ~ Mother /st Teresa

FlyingRon

Actually, the utility probably doesn't have rights to erect or authorize signage in the easement. If the poster is the servient tenant, he's free to remove such signage from his easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">