• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sprinkler leak causing major foundation problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carpadum

Oklahoma. My neighbor has a sprinkler system that has been leaking for an unknown amount of time but estimated to be more than 6 months. As a result my home has suffered major foundation problems. Concrete slab floors are cracking and sinking in excess of 2.5 inches. Underground HVAC vents are rusted out and leaking air into the air pockets where soil has erroded under the foundation. The rock fireplace is separating from the wall. The front porch and sidwalk are sinking and cracking. There was no visible water standing however after an engineer came to look at the problem we discovered that the soil up to 1 foot under the surface is completely saturated. The neighbors admitted that they thought they had a leak because the bills were so high however they never found one. We did find it about 3 feet on their side of the property line. I have major damage to the home, and have no idea where to even start.

HomeGuru

Oklahoma. My neighbor has a sprinkler system that has been leaking for an unknown amount of time but estimated to be more than 6 months. As a result my home has suffered major foundation problems. Concrete slab floors are cracking and sinking in excess of 2.5 inches. Underground HVAC vents are rusted out and leaking air into the air pockets where soil has erroded under the foundation. The rock fireplace is separating from the wall. The front porch and sidwalk are sinking and cracking. There was no visible water standing however after an engineer came to look at the problem we discovered that the soil up to 1 foot under the surface is completely saturated. The neighbors admitted that they thought they had a leak because the bills were so high however they never found one. We did find it about 3 feet on their side of the property line. I have major damage to the home, and have no idea where to even start.
**A: hire an enigneer to inspect and give you a report. Contact your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">