• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

strong arm land theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steve-n-fl

What is the name of your state? South Carolina.....I live in the state of florida. Have for many years yet owned my deceased mother's home in South Carolina. I used a management company in Myrtle Beach to handle the renting of this home.. In Jan. of the year 2000 I was off to do 36 months in prison...Weeks before I was handling the affairs of this property with this company who had managed it for quite some time. We both understood the following.....either keep the home rented, or sell, as to avoid foreclosure with the check to go towards my daugters education. Through many intimidation methods eg.... putting a log chain up to block access, putting a sign up stating "shooting range ahead" and verbal intimidation by a certain family member(uncle)......this home eventually went in to foreclosure while I was incarcerated thanks to my uncles efforts and the efforts of his para-legal wife. How?.....Uncle claimed that there was no right of way.....yet that had been established since the home being built in 1981......I know there were many wrongs commited here (if not criminal and negligible acts)......I am a 100% disabled vet renting an apt in florida.....I have not the funds or means to correct this horendous act of gluttony......Is there a place that I could turn for assistance.... I can't hardly live with the fact that these pigs " stole " what was once my mothers and my home!

Last edited:

SHORTY LONG

Are you Honorably Discharged? Is this property some how associated with
your Uncle's property? This so-called Management Company, do you have
anything in writing spelling out your agreement before you went to the big
house? Who paid the property taxes while you were away on vacation?

Curious, if Honorably discharged, what branch; and years of Service?

Steve-n-fl

US Navy, honorable, I served from 11-1975 through 7-1978**************.Shorty, no taxes were paid...and the access road had been maintained by the county for numerous years.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">