• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subdivision Restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KENTUCKYGIRL71

What is the name of your state? kentucky

My subdivision has restrictions in place and filed at the courthouse. One rule states that "No residential structure shall be built within 25 feet of the rear lot line". My neighbor is building a HUGE garage that is bigger than everyones house and is only 12 feet from the property line. He states that the rule is for "homes" only and that garages do not count. Can anyone offer any help on this?

PghREA

Hopefully, he has a building permit for the project. Talk to your association to see if garages and sheds etc. qualify as residential structures.

HomeGuru

KENTUCKYGIRL71 said:
What is the name of your state? kentucky

My subdivision has restrictions in place and filed at the courthouse. One rule states that "No residential structure shall be built within 25 feet of the rear lot line". My neighbor is building a HUGE garage that is bigger than everyones house and is only 12 feet from the property line. He states that the rule is for "homes" only and that garages do not count. Can anyone offer any help on this?

**A: a garage would be considered a residential structure as that was the intent of the writers of the deed restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">