• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena annoyance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CINEMA

What is the name of your state? new york

recently i received a subpeona asking me to be a witness for my neighbor, who lives across the street, who is being sued by a bank. i hardly know this neighbor & do not want to get involved. my wife says hello to the wife but i've never even talked to them & we've lived on staten island for 9 yrs. On the back of this subpena it asked me to fiill out personal questions about this person that i have no knowledge of at all........... can i just rip this paper up & throw it out without any repercussions? I RE-ITERATE I DO NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED.............. I HAVE A FEELING THIS TYPE OF PAPER WAS SENT OUT TO OTHER NEIGHBORS AS CHARACTER WITNESSES FOR THESE PEOPLE..
PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU..........

Warped

I'm not a lawyer!

Do NOT ever ignore or rip up a subpeona! Fill out the answers honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don't know the answer to a question put, "I do not know". Follow any other directions on the subpeona to the letter of the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">