• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue happy neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grampaw

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TX
Our so called "neighbors" pumped sewage on our property for years prior to our acquisition and continue doing so afterwards. When we put a stop to it and notified authorities, they sued us, sought and won an injunction and restraining order against me and my wife. They convinced the judge that I should be responsible for living on a hill that water runs off and on to their land. They claimed flood damages of which there was no proof, and restrained us from coming within 75 feet of them. This judge disregarded rule of law, awarded judgements not even plead for, and ordered us to dig a trench the entire west boundary of our property (50 ac). If I try to comply with this order (which is on appeal) they claim restaining order violation. My brother lives across the road from these people, so if I go to his home, they hide and take photos of me because that places me within the 75 ft. order. Since they purposefully place themselves in that space do I have any recourse? Can I request a restraining order on them so that I can freely travel on a public road to visit my own brother??

grampaw

He's been unavailable lately with medical problems and we haven't wanted to bother him. He's also unaware of the most recent events....including aug. 12 hearing (pro se) where in the judge again ruled against us after having been brought in for violating their restraining order 30 times!!!Only 12 actual photos were presented with only maybe 2 or 3 with me in them, no proof of actual date photos were taken, any camera date stamp can be altered, no proof of 75 ft distance, etc. etc. None of these occasions were malicious, harrassment, or disturbing their peace...but merely going to visit my own flesh and blood brother via a public road, that just happens to be the only route to his home outside of boat or helicopter drop!but judge found me guilty and fined me $100 per offense and $900 attorney fees. I believe that this is about the most blatant abuse of the legal system I have ever seen.
Do I have any recourse or not? This 'hearing' should go in the guinness book of world records for "lynching" style trials!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">