• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Survey and deed help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mom2joshcanpark

What is the name of your state? Indiana

After my new neighbor moved in and started taking over part of my land I got looking at my deed. We had the county surveyor come out and talked to a survey company. We finally got him off our land, but now something else that the first surveyor I talked to is stuck in the back of my head.

He told me, the way the deed reads that said point is 90 feet from southeast corner of .64 acre owned by (()). Well we both knew it wasn't 90 feet. Months had past and we are now putting up a privacy fence, we measured this out and according to the deed we are lacking 45 feet in our back yard.

I want to know, can this be a mistake or did the other guy next to use (who is land hungry), change the boundry years ago????

MY deed states....
begining at a point 240 ft north and 140 ft east of the southwest corner of said ne fourth (said point being 90 ft s of the southeast corner of a .64 acre tract belonging to @@@@), the place of beginning; running thence n 290 ft to a point in the center of the road, thence 300 ft to a point, thence 290 feet to a point, thence w 300 ft to the place of beginning.

Now, what I know about markers. The county surveyor came out and found the front 2. At first we didn't think the 90 ft was off that much, so didn't mess with it. But in the back, the guy on the other side (land hungry) said after 1 of 2 survies were done, he put up T post to mark both corners.

The first surveyor I talked to said, by ariel photo, it looks like our goes past that stake (in the other neighboes yard (.64) )and goes at an angle down to the other neighbors yard. But now after rereading this, it sounds like our entire back yard is 45 ft short from end to end and it doesn't angle in.

Can someone give me their input. The neighbor on the other side (land hungry) doesn't like us.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">