• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Survey Details

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KYBLUE113

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? I reside in Kentucky.

I have 10 acres with one boundary is not fenced. The property on this unfenced boundary was recently sold. The new owner is driving ATV's on what I believe to be my land.
I need a survey for this area. The property line is 750' long and wooded.
My questions are:
1. How to choose a surveyor?
2. How can the survey be completed through a wooded area without clearing trees?
Which cover the property line
If the trees are cleared without knowing the property line then I may be clearing trees
on property I don't own.
3. Once I erect a fence line on the surveyed area, what do I need to do to prepare for
legal challenges to the results of the survey.

justalayman

1. How to choose a surveyor?
make sure they are licensed as your state requires. Other than that, it's a toss up. Possibly a recomendation from friends, family, or even the local government. A surveyor that is familiar with the area does have a step up on those not familiar with the area.

2. How can the survey be completed through a wooded area without clearing trees?
They have ways. If the trees are in a line, they can set a parallel line and measure over for the true line. They do know how to jog around obstacles when needed.

3. Once I erect a fence line on the surveyed area, what do I need to do to prepare for
legal challenges to the results of the survey.
Sounds like you are expecting a fight. Why?

If the neighbors want to argue the line, they will have to get a survey that shows something different and then go to court to fight it out there.

I wouldn't get too prepared unless you know something that you haven;t posted. It can get quite expensive and heated. I wouldn;t go there unless you have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">