• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tacky Neighbors hang 7 birdhouses on my trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fre728mont

Pennsylvania
I have obscene and vulgar neighbors whose backyard is a complete mess. They have hung seven multicolored birdhouses on two trees that are on our property. These birdhouses are hung on branches that extend over their property. Do we have any legal rights to either remove these birdhouse or request that they remove them? We have had numerous altercations with these neighbors and they are vulgar, obscene and threatening. Civility went out the window a long time ago....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

Pennsylvania
I have obscene and vulgar neighbors whose backyard is a complete mess. They have hung seven multicolored birdhouses on two trees that are on our property. These birdhouses are hung on branches that extend over their property. Do we have any legal rights to either remove these birdhouse or request that they remove them? We have had numerous altercations with these neighbors and they are vulgar, obscene and threatening. Civility went out the window a long time ago....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Wow...

antrc170

If the branches extend onto their property they can put the birdhouses up. Why do you think its okay for your trees to infringe on their property?

If you think it's that big of an issue, trim the limbs so that they are only on your property.

fre728mont

In actuality, the previous owners(very kind, btw) planted these trees without consulting the survey.They are literally two inches on our side. When the new, less considerate neighbors moved in, they installed a split rail fence, which we highly suspected of crossing the line, as our invisible dog fence was cut upon this installation. My husband didn't want to make them uncomfortable initially, but when they cut our invisible fence a second time-with 3 warnings it was on our property, we got another survey and discovered their split rail fence was installed on our property nearly ten feet. The trees were then found to be our "new" property. Any trees that we have planted, I have investigated the mature size and planted well within our boundaries to accomodate the maximum growth. The birdhouses have been up for nearly six months, and truth be told, there are far worse things in life. It's sad these folks have made enemies on all four sides. PLowing snow in their driveway straight across the street into that neighbors front yard and turfing the grass. Also, dumping tree branches and large cut trunks into same neighbors woods/property without permission, and again turfing the same neighbors rain soaked lawn with the huge dumptruck they drove right onto their lawn! The day they move, will be reminiscent of the munckins dancing in Oz.

Antigone*

Pennsylvania
Whatever extends onto Mr. Nasty's property belongs to Mr. Nasty. If you mess with his birdhouses, you mess with his property.

Solution: Cut the trees down completely, live with it or move.

davidmcbeth3

If the branches extend onto their property they can put the birdhouses up. Why do you think its okay for your trees to infringe on their property?

If you think it's that big of an issue, trim the limbs so that they are only on your property.
He could ... but its for the BIRDS ... the BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like your neighbors are Hitler re-born !

csi7

What I would do is trim the tree back to your property line, carefully, so you do not break the bird houses, gently set the branches that on their side of the property line down to the ground, then remove the trees.

Take timed and dated pictures.

It is often the little things that bother us the most, so if you can find a way to appreciate the bird houses, that will lower your blood pressure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">