• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tearing down a fence to use our Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtenjack

What is the name of your state? Missourie

My Neighbor recently had her house foreclosed but before the property changed owners she granted us an easement to use the driveway to get to our backyard to park. In the easement it stated that nothing was allowed to impede us from getting to the back yard. There is a fence that cuts the driveway in half once you get to the backyard so i have no way of actually getting to my side of the backyard. The plan was while she still lived there to tear down the fence together, well things just didn't work out that well and now the property has changed owners, the bank, and the fence is still up. My question is can i take down the fence on my own or do I have to get permission from the bank since it is there property?

Thanks for any helpWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: My question is can i take down the fence on my own or do I have to get permission from the bank since it is there property?

A: You must get permission from the landowner to tear down anything on the landowner's land.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">