• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teenagers harassing neighborhood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kac133

Connecticut

I have been having a problem with four teenagers. They do not live on our street. One of the teenagers father works for the city I live in. These kids have been riding their bikes on all of our property, throwing rocks which have damaged vehicles, don't move when we are trying to drive down our street. We live on a culd de sac, so they come over to our street to cause problems.

I complained to the parents, but they basically said not my kids. They don't do things like that. The parent who works for the city I live in told his kids that they can come 8 feet on to my property because of some sort of sidewalk easement . We don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood.

Is there anywhere I can look or someone to call to find out what this guy is saying is true.

FarmerJ

your own city hall can provide you with the ordinance to tell you what easement they have for public purpose ( If sidewalk is present ) and how it applys when there is no public sidewalk other wise , It is public information and they must provide it. Now if you get video proof of the vandalism take it to the police. BTW with out a sidewalk on your property I find it very tempting to tell him `until there is a sidwalk I guess Ill call the police each time they trespass` But do your research first.

SnowCajun

God don't you just love those kinds of parents who so blindly say, "not my kids". I almost ran over a young boy on a go-kart one time, he came out of an ally right in front of my pickup truck. Had I not slammed on the brakes he'd have been killed. He decided to make a run for it but I caught him at home, told him to go get his mother or father. He said, "my father is asleep" .. I said, "go wake him up". When dad stumbled out into the garage obviously PO'd I told him what had happened, he said that same thing, "not my kid, he knows he's not allowed to ride that while I'm asleep". I think this guy really believe that, but I looked at him and told him, "If you really believe that then reach down and grab a hold of that muffler!". The kid still didn't learn, the police caught him in the street the next day and put the go-kart in their trunk and took him home. I wonder if his dad believe them!

It's just a given fact that some people are outright idiots and we're all going to have to deal with them at some time in our lives, it looks like it's your turn. Good luck, fight the good fight, I hope you win because it's never any fun.

YoyosaidFeia

What's that parent's position in the city?

Most neighborhoods nowadays have some sort of rule saying that # of feet from the street is considered city's property, like "8 feet on to my property because of some sort of sidewalk easement". This is very common. But if they are damaging your or other people's property, call the cops. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">